JBL has taken its Bluetooth Pulse speaker and built-in light show to the next level, making the speaker completely waterproof and improving sound.
I get a chance to play with the upcoming Pulse 3 for a few minutes here hereAnd while it’s hard to tell how much better it sounds, it looks a lot different from its predecessor ( ), which I like very much. The diaphragm is gone and the speaker has a transparent, hard plastic outer shell. It even looks like a digital lava lamp.
One of the key new features is that it’s completely waterproof, which means you can drop it into the pool’s shallow areas at night and get some really cool effects in a short amount of time. (IPX7 certified means you can submerge it in up to 3 feet of water for 30 minutes). You won’t make any sound if it’s underwater – Bluetooth doesn’t pass through water – but you can’t have everything.
The Pulse 3 has a list price of $ 200 (which converts to £ 160 or AU $ 275) and arrives in stores this spring. We’ll have the full review as soon as we get the review form.
JBL Pulse 3 features
- Wirelessly connect up to two phones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing music (the speaker now has full 360-degree stereo, according to JBL)
- The built-in rechargeable li-ion battery provides up to 12 hours of music and light show time
- IPX7 waterproof design
- Build your own party by connecting over 100 JBL Connect +-enabled speakers to amplify the listening experience
- Customizable 360 degree lighting show atmosphere setting, liven up your favorite songs automatically by synchronizing the light show with your music
- The noise and echo cancellation speakerphone lets you take calls from your speakers
- Customize your light show experience and configure your JBL Connect + settings with the JBL Connect + App for iOS and Android
- Have on JBL.com and choose retailers for $ 200 starting spring 2017 in white and black. For more information, visit JBL.com/CES